UA Route 59 Theatre
320 West Route 59,
1 person favorited this theater
Previous Names: Skouras Route 59 Theatre
- Movies 5 Nanuet
- Regal Nanuet Stadium 12 & RPX
- Nanuet Mall Theater
- UA The Movies at Spring Valley
- AMC Palisades 21
News About This Theater
- Dec 9, 2012 — Happy 50th, “Lawrence of Arabia”
- Oct 18, 2011 — Happy 50th, "West Side Story"
- Jul 2, 2009 — Remembering Cinerama (Part 34: Nanuet/Rockland County)
Located in the Thruway Plaza the Skouras Route 59 Theatre was opened on June 29, 1962 with Natalie Wood in “West Side Story”. It had a red tile façade with aluminum 1950’s style lettering on it, very period and probably seen as ugly and outdated when it closed in the mid-1980’s. Beyond the façade, not much is memorable about this site, which became an American General Financial office. It was demolished in December 2021.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.