107 Columbus Avenue,
4 people favorited this theater
State Theatre (Official)
Architects: Peter M. Hulsken
Previous Names: Schine's State Theatre, Sandusky State Theatre
News About This Theater
- Oct 22, 2003 — Today's Newsreel
The 1,800-seat Schine’s State Theatre was opened October 12, 1928. It is equipped with a Page 3 manual 8 ranks theatre pipe organ. In September 1930 it was taken over by Warner Bros. Circuit Management Corp. They were evicted from the theatre in 1933 for non-payment of rent and it was then operated by Seltz Theatre Company. In the 1960’s the Page organ was sold to an organ enthusiast in Detroit. Later due to his ill health he gave back the organ to the State Theatre.
The Sandusky State Theatre, Inc., is a non-profit 501 c-3 Organization, dedicated to the preservation of the State Theatre as an historic landmark and community cornerstone that serves the people of the greater Sandusky region by presenting programs of artistic, education and social merit.
A strong windstorm on June 9, 2020 ripped the roof off the stage house and also severely damaged the roof over the front orchestra seating, resulting in damage to that section of the auditorium when the ceiling collapsed and also to the console of the organ.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.