206 E. Constitution Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Operated by: Frels Theaters
Previous Names: Electra Theatre, Queen Theatre, Royal Theatre
Located on Constitution Street next door to former Frel’s Theaters headquarters. The Electra Theatre was opened on July 4, 1911. On May 4, 1921 it was renamed Queen Theatre. On January 20, 1922 it was renamed Royal Theatre. This was short lived as on December 21, 1922 it reverted back to its Electra Theatre name. On July 24, 1924 it was renamed Victoria Theatre. It was taken over by Frels Theaters in 1926. It was closed in 1934 went into retail use.
The Victoria Theatre reopened following refurbishment on August 8, 1941. Closed in 1960, it reopened in 1961 screening Spanish language movies. It screened adult movies in 1971-1972. Then back to regular movies under Frels Theaters again until 1985. In 1986 was taken over by the Victoria Community Theatre group and went over to stage productions, known as the Theatre Victoria, they moved out of the building in 2004.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.