Shea's Seneca Theater
2188 Seneca Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Architects: William T. Spann
Functions: Banquet Hall
Shea’s Seneca Theatre opened on 11th January 1930 screening “The Mighty” starring George Bancroft and Vera Ralston. The 3 Manual 15 Rank Wurltzer theatre organ was played by Nelson Selby.
It was the last, the largest and the most magnificent of the three neighborhood theatres which were part of Michael Shea’s dream that every neighborhood should have a theatre of first magnitude, this one located in the district of West Seneca.
It was designed by local Buffalo architect Willliam T. Spann in an Adam style and all seating was on one floor.
The auditorium of the Seneca Theatre was demolished in 1970 and became car parking space, but the front of the building and lobby were retained. They were restored and converted into a banquet hall in January 2019. The theatre’s retail spaces have been restored and are back in retail use, and other parts of the building have been converted into 23 apartments.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.