2 people favorited this theater
Operated by: Yorck Kinogruppe
Architects: Hans Bielenberg
Functions: Movies (First Run), Movies (Foreign), Movies (Independent)
Previous Names: Sylvia-Filmbuhne, Odeon Kino
Built in 1950 and opened in 1951 as the Sylvia-Filmbuhne, the architect was Hans Bielenberg who designed a cinema that originally had 526 seats all on one floor.
It became the Odeon in 1982 and the name on the marquee has the same style lettering as the original 1930’s Odeon Theatres in the UK, but this Odeon in Berlin has no connection with the UK circuit. It has though, for many years been the only cinema in Berlin that has shown English language films in the original versions with no dubbing into German.
It is operated by Yorck Cinemas circuit and is equipped to screen both 35mm and 70mm film and has a Dolby DTS Digital sound system installed.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 4 comments)
More infos and photographs on this theater (and many others) can be found on the German language only Berlin Movie Theater Guide – www.kinokompendium.de: Odeon
Here is an undated photo:
Auditorium facing Screen:
exterior shots from april 2009