Allwood Cinemas 6
96 Market Street,
5 people favorited this theater
Empire Cineplex Cinemas (Official)
Operated by: Empire Cineplex Cinemas
Architects: Sidney Schenker
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Previous Names: Allwood Theatre, Allwood Quad Cinema, Allwood Sixplex
Originally a big single screen movie theatre operated by Mid-Century Theatres, the Allwood Theatre was opened on July 26, 1950 with ‘A Special Hollywood Preview’ with film star Tom Ewell appearing ‘in person’. It was twinned on December 15, 1978. It became a quad on March 20, 1987. Two more screens were added on November 22, 1989.
It is still the only remaining small theatre in a town that now has a 16 screen multiplex owned by AMC, which makes more money than this local cinema. Two auditoriums have digital sound, while the others have Dolby Stereo and mono sound. Still a cheap way to go to the movies, and easier now that online ticketing is available. The Allwood Cinemas 6 was closed by Clearview Cinemas on May 19, 2013.
It was reopened by Empire Cineplex Cinemas on June 21, 2013.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.