1545 Fulton Street,
2 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Fox West Coast Theatres
Architects: H. Rafael Lake
Styles: Mission Revival
Previous Names: Fox Wilson Theatre
Opened on February 3, 1926 with Julian Eltinge in “Madame Behave” plus 5-acts of vaudeville. It was operated by West Coast Theatres and the architect was H. Rafael Lake. It was equipped with a Wurlitzer, 3 Manual/11 Rank theatre organ that was shipped from the Wurlitzer factory on 11th April 1925. This organ was taken out the Wilson Theatre and installed in the Hayden Orpheum Picture Palace, Cremorne, Sydney, N.S.W. Australia in 1987 (Cinema Treasures theater/848/).
From 1932 it was known as the Fox Wilson Theatre, operated by Fox West Coast Theatres. The Fox Wilson Theatre closed as a movie theatre in August 1971.
By 1986 and for several years though to at least 1996 it had become a rock concert venue. It is now home to the Cornerstone Church who purchased the building in 1997 and the building has been well maintained, retaining all architectural features.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.