Gran Via De Les Corts Catalanes 463,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Balana
Architects: Francisco de Paulo Nebot
The Cine Rex opened on 24th December 1940 with an original seating capacity of 851. The building was originally built as a house. Seating was provided for 520 in the stalls and 331 in the circle.
In 1969 it was taken over by the Balana chain and was refurbished and had a reduced seating capacity of 580. Re-opening on 17th June 1969 with a new policy as an art house cinema. The first film to be shown under this policy was Germi’s “Men and Women” which ran for 54 weeks and had 234,687 admissions. this was followed by the British film “The Dresser” directed by Peter Yates and starring Albert Finney.
The Cine Rex was one of central Barcelona’s historic cinemas, in operation as a single screen until it was sadly closed in 2013.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.