No one has favorited this theater yet
Everyman Cinema Club (Official)
Operated by: Everyman Media Group
Architects: Edgar J. Simmons
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Odeon
The Odeon Theatre, Barnet opened on 15th May 1935 with Gene Raymond in “Transatlantic Merry-Go-Round” and Laurel & Hardy in “Them Thar' Hills”. It was designed by architect Edgar J. Simmons, who was not a usual designer of Odeon Theatres, as this was originally intended to be a building for County Cinemas circuit and was taken over by Odeon during construction.
Seating was provided for 1,553; 1,010 in the stalls and 543 in the circle.
It was converted into a triple screen cinema from 10th March 1974 with screen 1 in the former circle and screens 2 and 3 in the rear stalls. On 18th December 1989, the Odeon Barnet was given a Grade II Listed building status by English Heritage.
From 18th December 1992 a fourth screen was added in the former front stalls area and ten days later a fifth screen was opened on what had been the former stage area. Current (2008) seating capacities in the screens are; 530, 184, 188, 195 and 155.
It continues to serve this local outer North London suburb of Barnet as a first run cinema. In April 2015 it was announced that the Everyman Cinemas chain was purchasing four Odeon cinemas: Barnet, Muswell Hill, Gerrards Cross and Esher. The Odeon was re-named Everyman in July 2015 and was refurbished in early-May 2016. Seating is now provided for: screen 1-169; screens 2 & 3-51; screen 4-97 and screen 5-61.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.