Grand Central Theatre
300 N. Pearl Street,
300 N. Pearl Street,Ellensburg, WA 98926
1 person favorited this theater
Showing 3 comments
After serving as a venue for infrequent music events, the Pix-Village-Grand Central is now a branch of Umpqua Bank.
The house was sub=divided in the 1990s, with little success.
It is now a coffee house/church. ‘Free movies’ are occasionally shown.
The June 7, 1941, issue of Boxoffice mentioned the recent opening of the Pix. It was operated by Fred Mercy, who owned a number of northwest houses, including the Liberty in Ellensburg.
In 1946 both theaters were sold to Clarence Farrell, operator of the Audion and Mid-State theaters at Ellensburg. The July 20, 1946, issue of Boxoffice reported that Farrell would dismantle the Mid-State Theatre and that the Audion would become a stand-by house.