407 E. Grand River Avenue,
1 person favorited this theater
Previous Names: Lucon Theater, Lucon Theatre
The Lucon Theater was opened prior to 1914 when it was listed with 1,500 seats. Newly constructed as the Lucon Theatre it reopened December 10, 1950 with Jane Wyman in “The Glass Menagerie”. It was renamed Campus Theatre when the Butterfield Theaters chain acquired it on July 13, 1962. It was on E. Grand River Avenue directly across from the Michigan State University campus.
The rather plain auditorium was twinned on September 5, 1980. After being acquired by the Kerasotes chain, it closed in 1987, the victim of the ever-expanding number of mall cimemas in the greater Lansing area and the large number of movie options available to MSU students and staff at many on-campus locations.
The lobby area became a part of the adjacent bookstore; the auditorium was demolished during the construction of a parking ramp behind the block of stores in which the theater was located.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.