270 E. 4th Street,
5 people favorited this theater
Roxy Revival (Official)
Previously operated by: Tom Moyer Luxury Theatres
Architects: Bjarne H. Moe
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Styles: Streamline Moderne
The Roxy Theater was opened on May 29, 1941 and was originally owned by Benjamin F. Shearer. It was designed by Bjarne H. Moe, one of the Pacific coast’s foremost theater architects.
The Roxy Theater still displays its original Pioneer Northwest Photographer Asahel Curtis Giant Photo Mural of Bremerton, The Navy Yard with the White
Fleet of 1908. At the time it was one of largest photo murals ever produced in the Pacific Northwest.
After closing as a movie theatre it was owned, operated and lovingly cared for by Calvary Chapel Bremerton, and was used for church services, as well as Christian concerts, events and movies. Its supporters call it “The Pacific Northwest’s most Intimate, Nostalgic and Rockin' Christian Venue.” It featured Solomon’s Porch Coffee House & Espresso Bar, plus events. As they liked to say “The Roxy now belongs to Jesus!”
Jesus has now left the Roxy Theater when the church closed due to foreclosure and it was taken over by a bank in late-2013. The building sat empty, but there was community action, supported by the Mayor to revive the building. Restoration began in July 2017 and it was reopened March 2, 2018 with a free showing of “The Greatest Showman”.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.