1340 Main Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Cameo Cinema (Official)
Functions: Movies (Independent)
Previous Names: New Turner Hall, G & G Theatre, Liberty Theatre, Roxy Theatre
News About This Theater
- Aug 19, 2010 — Cameo Cinema in St. Helena becomes the passion of former Michigander
- Jul 22, 2009 — Small town bay area theaters keep tradition alive
The New Turner Hall was opened December 31, 1885. On May 31, 1909 it began screening movies and was renamed G & G Theatre. On November 12, 1915 it was renamed Liberty Theatre. It was closed on March 16, 1940. Taken over by new operators it reopened on April 12, 1940 as the Roxy Theatre, playing “Broadway Melody of 1940” starring Jack Benny. The Roxy Theatre was closed on January 12, 1976.
It was given a makeover and reopened later in 1976 as the Liberty Theatre which closed in 1996. The theatre was gutted and reopened as the Cameo Cinema on August 7, 1997. It has the classic inverted V marquee extending out from the building along with a vertical sign spelling out “Cameo”.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.