Fiesta Drive-In

320 Wyatt Drive,
Las Cruces, NM 88001

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Showing 8 comments

MichaelKilgore
MichaelKilgore on February 9, 2020 at 4:08 pm

Boxoffice, Feb. 13, 1967: “Video Theatres has purchased the Fiesta Drive-In at Las Cruces, N. M., from U. A. Kane, who had operated it and the former Rocket Drive-In there for many years. Kane now will concentrate on his two drive-ins in El Paso, Tex.”

davidcoppock
davidcoppock on February 8, 2020 at 1:50 am

Reopened as Fiesta Drive-in “Forever female” and “War path”.

MichaelKilgore
MichaelKilgore on February 7, 2020 at 9:25 pm

Boxoffice, Sept. 13, 1965: “Considerable damage was done to Al Kane’s Fiesta Drive-In, Las Cruces, N.M., by flash floods”

MichaelKilgore
MichaelKilgore on December 30, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Boxoffice, Feb. 14, 1953: “H. F. Boyneg has sold the Organ Drive-In, Las Cruces, to Luis Maynes.”

Anthony L. Vazquez-Hernandez
Anthony L. Vazquez-Hernandez on November 3, 2017 at 10:30 am

~UPDATES NEEDED~

•”Fiesta Drive-In” needs to be added to previous names (its listed as such in the FDY of 1964 & 1968) •Screen count should reflect 2 •Video Independent Theatres (VIT) should be added as s previous operator

dallasmovietheaters
dallasmovietheaters on August 20, 2015 at 12:20 pm

The Organ Drive-In began owned by Homer Rowington of the El Paso Amusement Company with spots for just under 600 cars on El Paseo Road. The theater launched September 20, 1948 with the film, “Frontier Gal.” The theater was going to operate year-round but closed in late November re-opening in the March 1949 season though operating year-round thereafter.

The Organ would get competition from the Rocket Drive-In beginning July 20, 1952 when that theatre launched. With audiences a bit thin, beginning in 1953, the Organ Drive-In began to show Spanish-language offerings on select weekdays which proved popular. Under new ownership, the theater changed names from the Organ Drive-In Theatre to the Fiesta Drive-In Theatre on January 16, 1955.

The Fiesta and Rocket would come under a single owner with the Fiesta repositioned as a twin-screen drive-in in the 1960s. Fiesta Screen One had 583 cars and Screen No. 2 had 458 spaces. The Rocket would close. The Aggie Drive-In would open in 1966 to challenge the Fiesta under Lamar Gwaitney. But Video Independent Theatres (VIT) took on the Fiesta and the Aggie. In 1972, it would add the Video Twin Theatre in front of the Fiesta and the two twin-screeners co-existed for around seven years.

peacheyeball
peacheyeball on June 27, 2015 at 3:48 pm

Approximate address is: 320 Wyatt Dr., Las Cruces, NM 88001

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on June 15, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Frank, found a little info,THE ORGAN drive-in held 375 cars and was owned in 1956 by LUIS Maynez.