Calle Santa Isabel 3,
1 person favorited this theater
Cine Dore (Official)
Styles: Art Deco
The Cine Dore is one of Madrid’s original cinemas and is located in the Lavapies district next to the Anton Martin covered food market. It opened in 1923 as a single screen cinema and was designed by architect Crispulo Moro. In 1925 it was renovated by architect Manuel Lopez Mora and renovated again in 1932.
A further renovation in 1984 by architect Francisco Javier Feduchi Benlliure created two indoor screens and an open-air screen upstairs.
In the 1980’s there were plans to demolish the cinema and build an office block, but huge protests by journalists and artists led to its survival. Now operated by the Filmoteca Nacional Espanole (National Film Institute) it screens a daily mix of movies from 1920’s classics to offbeat or commercial international productions (all in their original language versions). An added facility to the cinema is a popular cafe and bookshop.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.