Landmark Grant Park
1120 Grant Avenue,
1 person favorited this theater
Landmark Cinemas - Canada (Official)
Operated by: Landmark Cinemas of Canada
Previously operated by: Cineplex Odeon, National General Theatres, Odeon Theatres (Canada) Ltd.
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Previous Names: Grant Park Cinerama, Grant Park Cinemas, Empire Grant Park 8 Cinemas
The Grant Park opened on August 1969 with one giant Cinerama screen which showed the film "Krakatoa East Of Java". Built by National General Theatres in 1969 it was opened on March 4, 1970. It was sold to Odeon in the 1970’s, and later, to Cineplex Odeon.
The Grant Park was split into four screens on December 22, 1989 and four more stadium seating cinemas were added on December 22, 1998. The Grant Park Cinemas now has 2,200 seats. The theatre was sold to the Empire Theatres chain by Cineplex Entertainment in September 2005. In 2013 it was taken over by Landmark Cinemas.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 4 comments)
This theatre was sold by Cineplex Galaxy LP (now Cineplex Entertainment) to Empire Theatres effective September 30, 2005.
After National General, the Canadian Theatres circuit ran the Grant Park from 1975 to 1978, then Odeon took over in 1978 and ran it until it went to Cineplex Odeon in 1984.
Landmark Cinemas took over the Grant Park 8 in 2013 following the split of Empire Theatres' assets, so this would now be the Landmark Grant Park.
Opened on August 13th, 1969, four screens on December 22nd, 1989 8 screens on December 22nd, 1989. Grand opening ads posted.