20 W. Hastings Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Architects: Benjamin Marcus Priteca
Previous Names: Pantages Theatre, Beacon Theatre, Odeon Hastings
Alexander Pantages began building a 2nd Pantages Theatre in 1914, but suspended construction due to shortages from the war. Building was resumed in 1916 and on June 18, 1917 it was officially opened as a vaudeville house. Charlie Chaplin, Gypsy Lee Rose, Jack Dempsey and others would have performances here.
Located across Hastings Street from the Rex Theatre (now Army & Navy), it later became the Beacon Theatre, the Odeon Hastings and finally the Majestic Theatre which closed in late-1965. With the building under decay, Odeon decided to sell the building to a parking lot operator who thus razed the building, under much public protest, to make way for an parking lot which is still operating to this day. Sadly, the only remnant remaining of the original theatre is a small bricked portion on the Hastings Street frontage.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.