58 E. Oak Street,
28 people favorited this theater
Architects: William L. Pereira
Styles: Streamline Moderne
- Carnegie Theatre
- 900 North Michigan Theaters
- Rush Theatre
- Broadway Playhouse at Water...
- Sandburg Theatre
News About This Theater
- May 23, 2012 — Celebrating the Original STAR WARS on its 35th Anniversary
- May 21, 2010 — Happy 30th, "Empire"
- May 25, 2007 — Happy 30th, Star Wars!
- Sep 15, 2006 — Long run over for Esquire Theater
Opened on February 16, 1938 with Jeanette McDonald in “The Firefly”. The Esquire Theatre had a single auditorium with over 1,400 seats, but the Esquire Theatre underwent a conversion to a six-plex in late-January 1988. It reopened on February 9, 1990.
Most recently operated by the AMC Entertainment chain after many years under the Loews Cineplex chain, the Esquire Theatre was closed in September 14, 2006.
In 2011, the Esquire Theatre was gutted and its marquee removed, and became retail space. The vertical sign and part of its facade was retained. In late-2019 it was converted into a winery & restaurant
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.