600 F Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Wilson Theatre (Official)
Previously operated by: Harris-Voeller Theaters Inc.
Architects: John Visser
Firms: Myers Anderson Architects
Functions: Community Arts Center, Live Performances
The Wilson Theatre was opened August 25, 1920, and from February 8, 1925 it was part of the Harris-Voeller Theaters chain. The Rupert City Council approved the purchase of the Wilson Theatre, which is on the National Register of Historic Places, in December of 1999.
It was estimated that it would cost $2.5 million to complete its restoration into a cultural arts center by November of 2005.
In September of 2001, a 1955 graduate of Rupert High School presented a check for $100,000 to the Wilson Theatre Renaissance Art Center which is guiding the project. Other grants have also been applied for.
In January of 2002, the original scenic stage backdrop was found in the rafters in good condition. This backdrop will also be restored. Renovation and restoration work was carried out by architectural firm Myers Anderson Architects.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 7 comments)
This is an expanded view of the photo at the top of the page:
Here is another article about the renovation:
Search through the pork to find an appopriation for the Wilson in Kuly 2007:
July, that is. Sorry.
The congressman asked for 150K to restore the theater.
Wilson Theater Rupert Idaho inside views
Several photos and three renderings of the Wilson Theatre project can be found in this 2009 album on the Facebook site of Myers Anderson Architects, the firm that handled the renovations.
The Wilson Theatre is open with live events. Here is the official web site.