6008 W. Irving Park Road,
42 people favorited this theater
Patio Theater (Official)
Architects: Rudolph G. Wolff
News About This Theater
- Nov 10, 2013 — Northwest Chicago Film Society is moving again
- Sep 11, 2013 — Chicago movie palaces today
- Mar 2, 2013 — Patio Theater and Chicago Cinema Society announce partnership
- Jun 4, 2012 — Patio starts Kickstarter campaign
- Mar 2, 2011 — The Return of Chicago's Patio Theater
- Sep 14, 2007 — Preserving Palaces Film Festival Sept. 14-15
- Sep 20, 2004 — Preservation Group Lists Five Chicago Movie Houses On Endanged List
Opened on January 29, 1927, Patio Theatre was one of just a few classic moderately-sized single-screen neighborhood movie houses in Chicago not to have been carved up into multiple screens.
The Patio Theatre is located at the corner of W. Irving Park Road and N. Austin Avenue in Chicago’s Portage Park neighborhood.
The Patio Theatre auditorium has a great Atmospheric style effect with twinkling “stars” and drifting “clouds” in a night “sky”. The theatre remained unused since it closed in 2001, but work began on restoration in the summer of 2010, and the Patio Theatre reopened on June 3, 2011. After another period of closure and the building being sold, a new operator took over and it reopened May 7, 2016 with a screening of “Jaws”.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.