Liberty Arts Collaborative
849 N.W. Wall Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Liberty Arts Collaborative (Official)
Architects: Edward H. Keane
Functions: Art Gallery, Movies (Independent), Performing Arts
Styles: Spanish Colonial
Previous Names: Liberty Theatre, Fine Arts Theatre
The Liberty Theatre opened on July 29, 1917 with George M. Cohen in Broadway Jones". It remained in operation until the late-1980’s when it closed as the Fine Arts Theatre using the balcony only (the orchestra was converted into retail use, since closed).
It is a beautiful structure that has been restored but remained empty as of 2007. It reopened as a performing arts center.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 6 comments)
A nice b&w photo from 1947 showing the Liberty and Tower theaters in Bend Oregon.
in later years the main floor was converted to retail space. the balcony was converted to a small auditorium. the name was changed to the Fine Arts. between the Fine Arts and the Tower was the Encore.
Added two circa 1940 postcard images. The image was also used on the cover of a booklet of 15 historic postcards of Bend Oregon.
Correct address is 849 NW Wall Street. Status should be changed to Open. ScaleHouse At Liberty Arts Collaborative. BendFilm HUB screens films there.
Official website and Facebook page below which has auditorium photos.
14 vintage images added courtesy Vintage Bend Facebook page.
The actual opening date is July 29, 1917 with George M. Cohan in “Broadway Jones”, along with a “Human Interest” reel.