165 N. Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Boothe Brothers Theatre (Official)
Architects: Fred L. Markham
Functions: Live Performances
Previous Names: Main Street Movie, Royal Palace Theatre, Boothe Brothers Theatre
Listed as the Angelus Theatre in business directories, it opened September 9, 1912. This house was Spanish Fork’s only movie theatre when it was destroyed by fire in 1948. The theatre’s operators, the Huish-Gilhool circuit, rebuilt the Angelus Theatre on the same site, and it was reopened in 1950.
When the Angelus Theatre burned, the Huish-Gilhool circuit began showing movies in a quonset hut a few blocks away, and this building became the core of the Arch Theatre. The circuit continued to operate both the Angelus Theatre and the Arch Theatre until 1951, when both houses were sold to an independent operator.
The Angelus Theatre was renamed Main Street Movies about 1984. No closing date for the house as a movie theatre is given, but by the early-21st century it was operating as the Royal Palace Theatre, presenting live music performances.
More recently, it has been operated as a live music venue under the name Boothe Brothers Theatre by the nearby Boothe Brothers Music Center, a retail store. By 2017 it had returned to its original Angelus Theatre name.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.