Assembly Hall of the Central Building of the Chinese YMCA of Hong Kong
51 Bridges Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Assembly Hall of the Central Building of the Chinese YMCA of Hong Kong is situated in Sheung Wan on the Hong Kong Island.
The Central Building had its grand opening on 10th October, 1918. The Assembly Hall is on the fourth and fifth floor of the building and projectors were installed at the rear part of the hall.
Besides assemblies and lectures, films were always shown commercially at the hall in 1926, 1927, 1928 and 1929. Its abbreviated Chinese name in three characters can be seen in the film guides published by the Chinese language
Kung Sheung Daily News in 1926 and 1927, while new film advertising articles can be seen in 1928 and 1929. Whether films were shown commercially in other period before WWII is unknown.
After WWII, films were always shown privately at the hall.
In 1995, the Assembly Hall was converted into "Home of Love", a shelter workshop run by the YMCA for the mentally retarded.
The Central Building has been listed as a "Grade II" historical building.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.