77 North Drive-In
1405 4th Avenue NW,
2 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Video Independent Theaters Inc.
Previous Names: Tower Drive-In
Opened as the Tower Drive-In on April 15, 1949 with Roty Calhoun in “A Bullet is Waiting” & Bill Williams in “The Wild Dakotas”. It was closed in 1953.
It reopened as the 77 North Drive-In on June 28, 1954 with Van Heflin in “The Golden Mask” & Richard Todd in Walt Disney’s “Rob Roy: The Highland Rogue”. It was operated by Video Independent Theatres. It was closed around 1975. Demolished long, long ago, there are no remains of the 77 North Drive-In.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 4 comments)
This opened on June 24th, 1954. Grand opening ad in the photo section. No listings after 1975.
A more accurate address for this theater is 1405 4th Ave NW, Ardmore, OK 73401. This points directly to the entrance road.
A 1962 aerial photo shows the entrance road connecting directly to HWY 77 (hence the name). But sometime between 1965 and 1974 4th Street NW was added which cut through the original entrance road.
Using Google Earth it’s still possible to see the curved rows of mounds using the address from the above comments.