203 W. Alder Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Midstate Amusement Corp.
Previous Names: Keylor Grand Opera House, Keylor Grand Theatre Paramount Theatre
The Keylor Grand Opera House was built by Howard R. Keylor in 1905. Its large stage made it one of the leading stops for touring companies in the west, and it hosted such spectacles as the 1909 tour of the stage production of “Ben Hur”.
The Keylor Grand Theatre presented live theatre until closing around 1930 and then remained dark for nearly a decade. On January 22, 1944 it reopened as a movie house, renamed Paramount Theatre with Bing Crosby in “Star Spangled Rhythm”. It remained through the early-1940’s to at least 1950 when it was operated by Midstate Amusement Corp. After that it became a venue for wrestling matches and other live events. In 1954 the auditorium was demolished, but the large stage house was converted to a garage. The stage house remains standing today.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.