No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: F.W. Pamplin
Functions: Religious Services
Previous Names: Tower Cinema, Rialto Cinema, Rex Cinema
Located in Erith, Kent, just a short distance from town centre towards Belvedere, on the corner of Fraser Road and Riversdale Road. The Tower Cinema was opened on 12th November 1923. It was a conversion of a former Primitive Methodist Church which had been built in 1900. Alteration plans were attributed to F.W. Pamplin of Abbey Wood. The proscenium was only 12 feet wide.
In 1932 it was equipped for ‘talkies’ and was re-named Rialto Cinema. At the beginning of World War II in 1939, it was re-named Rex Cinema. Around 1946, it was re-named Tivoli Cinema.
The Tivoli Cinema was closed on 25th February 1956 with Clark Gable in "Mogambo" and Ward Bond in "Gypsy Colt". It was converted into a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witness, and has been well maintained, although slightly altered. The Jehovah’s Witness’s moved out and by 2016 it is used by a religious order.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.