King Square Cinemas
25 King Square North,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Paramount Theatre
The Paramount Theatre was opened by New Brunswick’s Lieutenant Governor David MacLaren on September 21, 1948 as Atlantic Canada’s premiere movie theatre. When built, the theatre employed the latest film technology and is believed to be because Louis B. Mayer was born in Saint John, New Brunswick. As Famous Players most modern theatre in Atlantic Canada, the original single screen theatre with 1,040 seats had first rights to the latest Hollywood movies, which were shown daily from 1pm to 11pm.
In 1979, the theatre was twinned. Cinema 1 and Cinema 2 had seating for 586 and 454, respectively. The strategic location of the Paramount Theatre on centrally located Kings Square made it a key entertainment venue in Saint John for decades. However, the building became surplus to the Empire Movie Corporation following the opening of their new multi-plex on the East side of Saint John.
It was demolished in October 2013.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.