53 Station Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Functions: Office Space
Previous Names: Picture House, Cinema
Located 3 miles north of Mansfield, in the village of Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire. The Picture House opened on August Bank Holiday 1912, with a programme of films and variety turns on the stage. It was closed in 1931, when the supply of silent films dried up.
It was re-opened as the Tivoli Cinema in early-1933, after it had been refurbished and equipped to show sound films using an Imperial sound system. The screen and entrance was at the street-front of the building. The floor had a natural slope toward the rear of the building where the projection box was located. In later years, it was operated by the owners of the Ritz Cinema, Langwith, and the Ritz Cinema, Mansfield, and the Tivoli Cinema was closed on 3rd May 1958 (the Mansfield Ritz Cinema was closed on the following day).
It became a workshop for Mudfords who repaired marquees etc. From 1977 to 2006 it became a printers workshop named Easonprint, and by 2019 is in office space use by an insurance broker.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.