No one has favorited this theater yet
News About This Theater
- Mar 2, 2010 — Happy 45th, "The Sound Of Music"
The building was originally used as a dance hall and also as a venue for wrestling & boxing matches. It was remodeled in 1921 into the Cine Rubens to the plans of architect Francois Dens. Located in the centre of Antwerp, just to the north of Central Station.
Cine Rubens was rebuilt in September 1953 according to plans of architect Rie Haan, and was a big & beautiful auditorium.
Cine Rubens was with it’s screen of 22m (the biggest in Belgium at that time) one of three cinema’s equipped with 70mm in Antwerp. It was also briefly a CineMiracle cinema.
Part of the Rex Imperium chain, Cine Rubens was sold on 23rd April 1993 and bought by a project firm and was rented out to a second hand clothing chain.
In 1996 the Brazilian based church United Church of the Kingdom of God rented the cinema for use as a prayer house.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.