108 North Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Opened on April 15, 1907 the Dreamland Theatre was the first movie theatre to run successfully in Cape Girardeau. It was owned by F.A. Brasso of St. Louis and H.A. Beady of Memphis. Admission was ten cents for adults and five cents for children. Each show lasted about a half hour and there were five shows a night with matinees on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Seating capacity was 80 and the music was from a piano.
Films were one reels furnished by Pathe of Paris that showed a rooster in one corner of the film as a trademark. Some of the films shown at the time were "A Trip to Niagra", "An Artists Dream", "The Bill Poster", "The Poor Mother" and Starlight".
Later films shown at the Dreamland Theatre were "Sherlock Holmes", "Dolls In Toyland", "Pompeii", "Ben Hur" and "Buster Brown".
The Dreamland Theatre succumbed to competition of the new Lyric Theatre located a block away and closed on November 23, 1907.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.