639 Hay Street,
3 people favorited this theater
More Photos of This Theater
Theatre Royal 639 Hay Street, Perth, WA
Photo: From the State Library WA Collection
Mark Nicol writes - Originally opened as a theatre on 19th April 1897 with stage productions and vaudeville it also presented earliest screenings of films in Perth.
A permanent bio box was built in 1910 with sliding roof to cool the theatre, and it was later wired for sound in the late-1920’s.
By 1934 it was contracted as the MGM house for new release product. Renovations were carried out in 1938, to the plans of architect William T. Leighton, of the architectural firm Baxter-Cox & Leighton - Contributed by Greg Lynch -
No one has favorited this photo yet