2128 South 1100 East,
Salt Lake City,
1 person favorited this theater
Previous Names: Princess Theatre, Rivoli Theatre, World Theatre, Rio Theatre
The Princess Theatre was in operation in 1918 with seating listed at 400. By 1929 it was known as the Sun Theatre. This was one of three theatres located in Sugarhouse (others being the Marlow Theatre & Southeast Theatre). It changed programs three times a week. The theatre was located across the street from the Southeast Theatre and down the street from the Marlow Theatre. It became the Rivoli Theatre
On July 11, 1936 it was renamed Hollywood Theatre. On September 4, 1937 it was renamed World Theatre and programmed European movies, operating as an art house cinema by Herbert Rosner Theatres based in San Francisco, CA. On February 5, 1938 it was renamed Rio Theatre and began screening double feature programs. It was listed as (Closed) in the 1940 edition of Film Daily Yearbook.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.