326 Tate Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: The Cinema Theatre, Janus Wings, College Hill Cinema, House of Pizza Cinema
Located at 326 Tate Street, just south of West Market Street near the campus of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. It opened in 1942 as the Victory Theater with a seating capacity of 1,100. It remained the Victory Theater until 1958 when it was sold and later that year reopened as “The Cinema Theatre” which remained in operations until 1976.
The following year, The Cinema Theatre was purchased by Dr. Hammond Bennett(who also was the owner of the Janus Theatres and also The Terrace Theatre at Friendly Center), and it was renamed the Janus Wings, which was in fact a restaurant and movie theatre establishment.
By 1980,it was sold again and renamed The College Hill Cinema. Within a year, it was closed and reopened under new management as the House of Pizza-Cinema which was a part pizza establishment/movie theatre venture where customers could eat while watching a movie on the big screen. However,the venture folded and the Cinema closed its doors forever by the mid-1980’s. Today, the building houses the Adams Book Store, which caters the Greensboro community and the students of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.