541 Church Lane,
5 people favorited this theater
Architects: John Adolph Emil Eberson
Styles: Streamline Moderne
News About This Theater
- Feb 7, 2006 — Borough of Yeadon Votes to Demolish Yeadon Theatre
- Feb 1, 2006 — Yeadon Theater May Be Demolished
- Jan 9, 2006 — Yeadon Theatre Heavily Damaged In Blaze
- Nov 5, 2004 — Yeadon Theater Facade To Be Saved!
- Apr 21, 2004 — Today's Newsreel
- Apr 20, 2004 — Yeadon Theater Pics
- Apr 14, 2004 — Yeadon Theater Repairs to Start Soon
- Jan 15, 2004 — Saving The Yeadon Theater
The 1937 Yeadon was run as an independent for most of its years. Last 15 years or so till it closed on October 2, 2000, it was a second-run theater.
Relatives of the Milgram family, who operated the Fox, Milgram and Stanley in Philadelphia were the most recent operators. Theater had deteriorated quite a bit in recent years.
In October 2002, residents began rallying in support of the theater in an effort to persuade the town to resurrect the old Yeadon as a performing arts center. The city purchased the theater in December 2001 for $125,000.
The Yeadon Theatre was heavily damaged by a fire in January 2006 and was demolished later that year.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.