113 S. 10th Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Auditorium Theatre
Archives of the Idaho Statesman trace the Majestic Theatre to about 1912 when it opened as the Auditorium Theatre. By 1914 it was called the Majestic Theatre, operated by the Inland Amusement Company who had interests in the three other Boise show houses. According to historian Arthur Hart, writing in the Statesman, these were the Strand Theatre, Isis Theatre and Comic Theatre.
By 1927 the Majestic Theatre disappeared from the local directory and it closed in 1928. It managed to stay in the Film Daily Yearbook through 1933, which listed its seating at 1,100.
The Statesman said the Majestic Theatre building was demolished by fire in 1933.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 4 comments)
In 1917 the Majestic got a Wurlitzer pipe organ, opus 119, Style 3 “Special” (meaning customized) 2 manuals, 7 ranks, in a free standing case which implies the organ was either installed on the stage or in an orchestra pit. It was moved to the Ideal Theatre in Burns Oregon in 1928.
The 1914-1915 edition of The American Motion Picture Directory lists the Auditorium in Boise, but without an address. Interestingly, it lists the Isis Theatre at 111 10th Street, so unless it was on North 10th it must have been the Majestic’s next door neighbor.
This opened as the Auditorium theatre on September 23rd, 1913, and became the Majestic theatre on June 22nd, 1914. Grand opening ads posted.