1327 W. Jackson Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Interstate Enterprises
Architects: Prentiss Huddleston
Firms: Prentiss Huddleston & Associates
The HIWA Drive-In was opened on April 30, 1948 with Penny Singleton in “Blondie Knows Best”. The screen tower building was the home office of Interstate Enterprises, a chain of theatres owned by Nat M. Williams. It also contained a projection equipment repair shop and a storage room for popcorn supplies. It was beautifully landscaped with rose gardens and a greenhouse.
It closed around 1979-1980 and was demolished for a shopping center. Mr. Williams lived in a sub-division he developed behind the drive in. The HIWA Drive-In got its revenge though. The shopping center that replaced it is vacant and unused.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 2 comments)
The approximate location is 1327 W Jackson St. There is no trace of the drive-in left. https://goo.gl/maps/huhCN
Opened on 30th April 1948 with a cartoon(Fowl brawl) , a Disney cartoon(,K9 patrol), and “Blondie knows best