80 avenue Jean Jaures,
1 person favorited this theater
Previously operated by: UGC
Firms: Montaut & Gorska
Previous Names: Casino, Carrefour
Located in the district of Seine-Saint-Denis in the outer northeast Paris area of Pantin. The Casino was opened in 1908, and was designed in a Beaux-Arts style by architect Adolph Gerard.
In 1947 it was rebuilt to the plans of architect A.E. Brasseau and given an Streamline Moderne style. The projection box was located on the facade of the building above the canopy, and could be seen from the street. It was remodeled in 1955 to the plans of architects Adrienne Gorska and Pierre de Montaut and given a 1950’s look. It was re-named Carrefour and there were 1,400 seats in its single auditorium.
Taken over by UGC, it was converted into a 6-screen cinema in 1972. The Carrefour was closed in 1992.
It was re-opened in 1993 as the Espace Cinema. The largest screen now has 470 seats and the smallest 60 seats. It had closed by 2014.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.