6 George Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Previous Names: Central Hall, Electric Palace Cinema, St. George's Theatre
Located in the Lincolnshire seaside town of Mablethorpe. The Electric Palace Cinema was opened in 1926. Seating was provided for 380 in stalls and a small balcony. In May 1930, it was equipped with a British Acoustic(BA) sound system and was renamed Lyric Cinema, re-opening with “The Rogue Song” on 21st May 1930.
The Lyric Cinema suffered damage in the winter of 1953 when sea water flooded the town. Repairs were eventually carried out and it was equipped with CinemaScope, re-opening in May 1955 with Tony Curtis in “The Black Shield of Falworth”. By 1970, it was operating as a cinema, with part time bingo on certain evenings. Closing as a cinema in around March 1973, it became a full time bingo club, which operated into the mid-2000’s.
By November 2008, it had been converted into a P & Q DIY hardware store.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.