No one has favorited this theater yet
Nordisk Film (Official), Metropol Aarus (Official)
Operated by: Nordisk Film
Architects: Holgar Pind
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Styles: Streamline Moderne
Previous Names: Palads Teatret
Located in the Trojburg district in the north of Aarhus, the second largest city in Denmark. The Palads Teatret (Palace Theatre) was opened on 26th December 1951, and was designed by Copenhagen based theatre architect Holgar Pind. Seating was provided for 800 on a stadium plan, with a raised stepped section at the rear, rather than an overhanging balcony. One row of seats in this rear section consisted of double ‘love’ seats.
The Palads Teatret was closed in 1970. It was re-opened in 1972 with a reduced seating capacity of 655 seats. It was later converted into a 3-screen cinema, and in the 1980’s another two screens were added.
In November 1999, it was taken over by the Nordisk Film chain. In 2005, it was re-named Metropol.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.