111 West Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Cinema
Located in Alford, Lincolnshire. The Cinema was opened prior to 1934, and was located in what had previously been St. Dunstan’s Works on West Street. It was first equipped with a Morrison sound system.
By 1937 it had been re-named Ritz Cinema and had been fitted with a Parmeko sound system, manufactured in Leicester. Seating was provided in stall and a small balcony. It had a 13 feet wide proscenium and a 14 feet deep stage, with 3 dressing rooms. There was a small car park at the rear which could accommodate 7 cars. It presented pictures & variety.
The Ritz Cinema was closed in 1967. It was converted into a dance hall, gymnasium & indoor sports area. By 1974 it had become a private club and café. In around 1980, it suffered some damage from a fire. By 2009, it was vacant after being occupied by East Coast Carpets.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.