1204 W. Baltimore Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Black Cat Moving Picture Parlor, Black Cat Theatre
The Black Cat Moving Picture Parlor opened around December 1908 and is not listed in the 1908 Baltimore city directory, but is listed in the 1909 edition under moving picture theatres. It celebrated its first anniversary the week of December 20, 1909. The auditorium was very long and narrow, and the projection booth was initially behind the screen. Later a projection booth was set up midway down the auditorium. In 1910 it was offering vaudeville and movies.
In 1913, the Solax Film Co. purchased the Black Cat Amusement Co. and it was renamed Solax Theatre. New owners took over in January 1920, and the Solax Theatre was closed in 1928.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 1 comments)
Neither a Black Cat nor a Solax Theatre is listed in the 1914-1915 American Motion Picture Directory. It might have been overlooked, or it might have been inactive at the time the Directory was compiled. No other theater is listed at this house’s address, either, but there is a house called the Carrollton Theatre, listed at 1203-05 W. Baltimore Street, which must have been directly across the street.