2 Ribblesdale Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: S. Graham Circuit
Architects: Reginald William Gaze Cooper
Styles: Art Deco
Located in the Daybrook district to the east of Nottingham. The Roxy Cinema was opened on 15th February 1937 with Garry Cooper in “Mr Deeds Goes to Town”. It was the fourth cinema to be designed for the Nottingham based S. Graham Circuit by architect Reginald W.G. Cooper. The façade of the building had a slender tower feature on the left hand side. Seating was provided in stalls and circle levels. It was equipped with a British Thomson-Houston(BTH) sound system.
The Roxy Cinema was equipped with CinemaScope in 1955. The Roxy Cinema was closed on 2nd November 1960.
It re-opened as a bingo club on 9th November 1960. This operated for many years, but had closed by mid-1995, when the building was demolished. A block of flats named Valley Court now stands on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.