4236 S. Archer Avenue,
4 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Schoenstadt
Architects: Ludvig Novy
Firms: Ludvig Novy & Son
Functions: Office Space
Previous Names: New Archer Theatre
This small theatre, seating just under 300, opened in 1916 and was located in the Brighton Park neighborhood. It was designed by architect Ludvig Novy. The Crane Theatre, which was operated by the Schoenstadt circuit from about 1920 until 1948, was located not far from another Schoenstadt movie house, the Brighton Theatre, just down Archer Avenue.
The theatre was reopened briefly in the early-1950’s with a new name, the New Archer Theatre (named after a far larger, earlier Schoenstadt theatre in the McKinley Park neighborhood which closed in the 1940’s), and was afterward converted to retail use.
The former theatre last housed a florist shop, but this was closed by 2007, and the property was vacant in 2013. By 2019 it was in use as a Child Development consortium.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.