501 Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Rialto Theatre was built for $200,000 (though billed initially as a more splashy $600,00). Construction was by Fakes & Company. Seating was provided for 1,000 on the orchestra floor and 700 in balcony and loges. The Rialto Theatre was opened November 13, 1921 with Harry T. Morey and Kathlyn Williams in “A Man’s Home”. It was equipped with a $20,000 theatre pipe organ, and there was a 21-piece orchestra. Veteran Fort Worth movie showman J.S. Phillips took out a 10-years' lease on the Rialto Theatre on behalf of the Rialto Amusement Company. He had built the Odeon Theatre, and also operated the Lyric Theatre, Phillips Theatre and Phillips Egyptian Theatre.
Unfortunately, the Rialto Theatre never made it to the end of its lease. It was closed in early-1929 and was demolished to build the Art Deco style 20-floor Blackstone Hotel for legendary cattleman Gus O'Keefe. The Blackstone Hotel building is still in operation in the 21st Century.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.