165 N. Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Olympic Theatre
July 12, 1909 was the opening date for the Olympic Theatre at 155 N. Main Street (shown in later city directories at 165 N. Main Street). About 1 March, 1920 the Olympic became the Strand Theatre. The Olympic/Strand had one of the longest runs in Pocatello, closing shortly after the Chief opened in 1938.
The location is the building next to the Lewis Department Store building, and for many years housed the Terrell Shoe Store. The building is probably not the original theater building - it now houses a tuxedo and bridal store.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 1 comments)
The address listed here doesn’t match up with the description of the theater. The address of the bridal and formal wear shop mentioned in the introduction as being on the theater’s site is 149 N. Main Street. The address 165 N. Main is the corner building, which most recently housed a restaurant called Annie’s Subs, Salads and Pizza, which is now closed.