409 23rd Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
There was Tremont Movies listed on the Sanborn maps of 1912 and by 1920 Tremont Theatre advertisements begin to appear in the Galveston Daily News. Located next door until 1924 was the Crystal Theatre, also an A. Martini theatre.
On April 20, 1935, it was reported that Mr. Martini and Karl Hoblitzelle were combining forces to create Galveston Theatres, Inc., a subsidiary of Interstate Theatres. The theatres involved were the Dixie No. 1 Theatre, Key Theatre, Queen Theatre, and Tremont Theatre.
On June 3, 1951, an advertisement announced that the Isle, Key, Martini and Tremont Theatre’s “are now owned and operated solely by members of the family of the late Mr. A. Martini, who was a pioneer in show business in Galveston and in Texas (1909-1942).”
The Film Daily Year Book of 1951 lists the Tremont Theatre with 481 seats but it closed on June 14, 1951. According to a 1953 legal notice in the Galveston Daily News, the Tremont building was divided among the Martini family into 28 parts.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.