10 Kemble Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: J.F. Emery Circuit
Previous Names: Picture Palace
Located in Prescot, Lancashire, to the east of Liverpool. The Picture Palace was opened in 1912. By 1927 it had been re-named Palace Cinema. Around 1929 it was equipped with a British Talking Pictures(BTP) sound system. In 1932 & 1933 it was operated by the J.F. Emery Circuit.
The Palace Cinema was still open in 1954, but had closed by 1958. In the early-1960’s it was converted into a bingo club. After that closed it became a furniture store and then went into other uses until it was purchased by a church in the late-1990’s.
In January 2016, the church were looking for smaller premises and the building was ‘For Sale’. In March 2016, it was taken off the market and the owners have decided to renovate and re-open as a community theatre & cinema. In 2021 it was designated a Grade II Listed status by English Heritage.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.