Twin Lakes Drive-In

11642 IL-1,
Paris, IL 61944

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Showing 2 comments

MichaelKilgore
MichaelKilgore on June 23, 2019 at 8:48 pm

“Mr. and Mrs. John Vestal, formerly of Paris, Ill., … formerly owned Twin Lakes Drive-In near Paris, but sold out to E. L. Staup of Delphos, Ohio, early in May.” — BoxOffice, July 11, 1953

MichaelKilgore
MichaelKilgore on May 4, 2019 at 2:04 am

The Twin Lakes Drive-In first appeared in the 1949-50 Theatre Catalog with a capacity of 500, owners Oral Pierson and F. B. Youndblood (sic). The 1952 Catalog listed the owner as J. Vestal. By the 1955-56 Catalog, the name had changed to Ronnie’s Drive-In, owners Leon Jarodsky and E. L. Staup.

Thank goodness for a July 8, 1970 clipping from the Decatur Herald, which said in part, “the name of the outdoor theatre, Ronnie, has been changed to the Twin Lakes Drive-In, according to Bill Hoffman, manager”. At the time it was part of “the Kerasotes-Frisina chain.” Because the Motion Picture Almanac got really confused.

Motion Picture Almanac drive-in list mentions of Paris IL:

  • 1950-53: Twin Lakes, 400, Youngblood & Pearson
  • 1953-55: Twin Lakes, 400, E. L. Staup
  • 1956-59: Twin Lakes, 400, E. L. Staup & Ronnie's, 500, Jarodsky & Staup
  • 1960-66: Ronnie's, 500, Jarodky & Staup
  • 1969-70: Ronnie's, 500
  • 1972-76: Ronnie's, 500 & Twin Lakes*, 500
  • 1977-82: The Twin Lake Drive In, 400, Kerasotes
  • 1983-88: Twin Lake, 1 screen, no owner info
  • In the 1972-76 MPAs, Kerasotes' holdings included the Twin Lakes.