Milford Auto Theatre
824 Main Street,
2 people favorited this theater
Architects: George H. Godley
Previous Names: Mo-Tour-In, Milford Mo-Tour-In
The Mo-Tour-In Theatre opened on July, 27, 1949, screening the 1949 drama/romance “A Letter to Three Wives” with Jeanne Crain, Linda Darnell, Ann Sothern and Kirk Douglas. It was opened by The Milford Amusement Co. with Verne H. Williams, President, A .C. Hummel, Vice President, Charles L. Schmidt, Secretary, Rodney L. Scott, Treasurer. Serving on the Board of Directors were A. M. Fessel, M. R. Snider, Lester Oder, Robert M. Hair, Walter C. Doll and James B. Parker. It was built at cost of $200,000 and it could park 600 cars. Theatres Owners Corp from Cincinnati, Ohio, was the buying and booking agency.
On July 2, 1954, the Mo-Tour-In was sold to Frank Yassenoff from Columbus, Ohio. Yassenoff was operating drive-in theatres in the Columbus area. The last owner of the auto theatre was Harold Schwartz. In July of 1958, Schwartz unveiled plans for the $2.5 million East Milford Shopping Center on the drive-in theatre property. The Milford Auto Theatre remained open and screened movies until October of 1959 and then it was closed for good.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.