Boulevard Picture Theatre
124 Radford Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Boulevard Palace, Boulevard Electric Theatre, New Boulevard Picture Theatre
Located in the Hyson Green district in the north of Nottingham. The Boulevard Palace was opened on 23rd December 1910 with seating provided for 900. It had a domed entrance hall studded with various colours of electric lights and there was a ladies orchestra. Opening films included:“The Land of Oz”, “Elixir of Youth” & “Force of Example”. The stage was 10ft deep upon which variety acts performed and the proscenium was 20ft wide. Around 1930 it was equipped with a Western Electric(WE) sound system.
It was re-named Boulevard Electric Theatre and later after a short closure in 1950 it re-opened as the New Boulevard Picture Theatre with 700 seats.
The Boulevard Picture Theatre was closed on 27th May 1956 with Rock Hudson in “Tarza, Son of Cochise”. It was converted into the Boulevard Bingo Club. Later demolished and a parade of shops now stands on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.